Requirements for Teachers
Selection criteria for teachers
A qualifications profile for teachers at treffpunkt sprachen was developed in consultation with an advisory committee convened by treffpunkt sprachen in 2004.
The following qualifications are required:
- Excellent mastery of the language to be taught
- Relevant university education
- Language teaching experience
- Willingness to use e-learning and new media in language teaching and to participate in projects and further development
- Knowledge of German sufficient for the lessons
- Additional qualifications, e.g. university courses, relevant continuing education programmes
- Computer skills
The concept of the Centre for Language, Plurilingualism and Didactics is based on offering communicative, practice-oriented language courses for students from all faculties, international students, university graduates, university employees and external participants. Of high quality in terms of subject matter and teaching methodology, the courses are oriented to European standards (Common European Reference Framework for Languages of the Council of Europe, European Language Portfolio) and give participants a good additional foreign language qualification for their later career paths.
It is important that course participants are motivated to participate actively in the lessons so as to practice communicating right from the start. Lessons at treffpunkt sprachen should be oriented to current forms of teaching and learning (task-oriented, learner-centred, intercultural learning, encouragement of active participation, etc.). In addition, concepts related to the autonomy of learners should be incorporated into the lessons, which is why the use of new media (moodle) is encouraged.
We expect the following:
- Professional lessons of high quality (motivation of participants)
- Communicative and practice-oriented lessons
- Lessons oriented to current forms of teaching and learning (task-oriented, learner-centred, intercultural learning, encouragement of active participation, etc.).
- Consideration of the wishes and needs of the participantsExact course description (content, methodology, objectives, level, mode of evaluation, etc.), which can be found at the homepage and on moodle
- Advising and supervision of participants
- Participation in one continuing education course per academic year
- Creation of handouts, course materials and a list of links for each course
- Participation in one meeting of lecturers per semester
- Participation in evaluation and quality assurance activities
- Adherence to organizational standards (attendance lists, lists of results, etc.)
- Orientation to European standards for language teaching (e.g. Common European Reference Framework for Languages of the European Council, European Language Portfolio)
- Willingness to cooperate on innovative activities, projects
- Implementation of e-learning in teaching: moodle.
We offer the following:
- Organizational framework (e.g. infrastructure, organization)
- Guarantee of contract and payment method (employment at the university for the duration of the course)
- Continuing education and information about current forms of teaching and learning
- Small library accessible during normal working hours
- Organized exchange of experiences among the teachers
- Consideration of the wishes and needs of the teachers (when possible)
- Exchange of materials and ideas
- Possibility to participate in innovations and projects
- A learning platform tailored to language teaching – moodle
- Participation in a motivated, dynamic team
If you would like to apply to work for us, we ask that you send your application (with particular emphasis on your education and language teaching education) electronically to the following e-mail address: treffpunktsprachen(at)uni-graz.at