All the activities of treffpunkt sprachen are directed towards the common objective of reflecting the social relevance of languages and plurilingualism in teaching and research.
- Expansion of the language course offerings to include more languages
- Development, coordination and bundling of relevant courses for integration into the different faculties’ study programmes
- Training modules on different languages in their sociocultural context
- Extension of the course offerings to include other target groups
- Expansion of training and continuing education course offerings for language teachers
- Enhancement of the information available and additional offers on the topic of language learning.
- Development of a database management system for creating language-specific corpora
- Publications on the functional expansion of “dominated languages”
- Promotion and development of language didactics as part of a varied and practical range of courses
- Projects to develop didactic methods
- Increased networking (Language Network Graz)
- Expansion of national and international cooperation (Council of Europe)
- Planning and execution of third-party funded projects.