Preparatory language courses for students of Romance, Slavic and translation studies
The Preparatory Language Courses prepare students of Romance, Slavic and translation studies for the language education of their study programmes. This page provides general information about the courses offered by treffpunkt sprachen. For any further information (e.g. entrance exams, study programmes, etc.), please contact the departments of Romance, Slavic or translation studies.
The courses can also be attended by students of other study programmes.
Students can register for the Preparatory Language Courses online.
- Thursday, 21 September 2023 (1 pm) until Wednesday, 27 September 2023(1 pm)
- Monday, 26 February 2024 (1 pm) until Thursday, 29 February 2024 (1 pm)
The course fee is € 240 or € 160 (incl. a service charge of € 5) per course and semester. Payment is due during the registration process (credit card or bank transfer).
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
The number of participants is limited. The minimum number of participants is 15. treffpunkt sprachen reserves the right to cancel courses. A refund of the course fee is only possible, if a course is cancelled and if the necessary bank details are transfered in time.
RECORD OF ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT
Course certificate for students:
- 80% attendance
- Active participation
- Achievement of course goals
- Written and oral exam at the end of the semester
The certificate can be printed via UNIGRAZonline a few weeks after the end of the course (see "Exam Results").
- Beginning of classes: 2 October 2023 (if not indicated otherwise)
- End of classes: 2 February 2024 (if not indicated otherwise)
- Holidays: 2 November 2023 (All Souls' Day), 18 December 2023 to 7 January 2024 (Christmas)
- Beginning of classes: 4 March 2024 (if not indicated otherwise)
- End of classes: 28 June 2024 (if not indicated otherwise)
- Holidays: 25 March to 7 April 2024 (Easter break), 10 May 2024 (Rector‘s Day), 21 May 2024 (Tuesday after Whitsun)
Contacttreffpunkt sprachen - Centre for Language, Plurilingualism and Didactics
Mon. to Thurs. 10 am – 12 pm