The objective of teaching is to promote language diversity in the form of communicative language courses for students of all faculties, international students, university employees, university graduates and those outside the university. Of high quality in terms of subject matter and teaching methodology, the courses are oriented to European standards (Common European Reference Framework for Languages of the Council of Europe) and give participants a good additional foreign language qualification for their later career paths.
Promotion of language diversity through:
- Language courses for students in linguistic and non-linguistic fields of study,
- Intensive language course offerings
- Increased cooperation with philology departments on basic courses in languages in high demand
- Teaching basic language courses for students of the Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences
- Language courses for specific purposes for students from Central and Southeastern Europe,
- Courses for university employees, graduates and external participants,
- Language course programme for new university employees (in cooperation with human resources development),
- Relevant courses for integration into the different faculties´ study programmes.
Guarantee of continuing education and training in languages through:
- Educational modules on language in its sociocultural context
- Continuing education and training modules for (prospective) language teachers in adult education
- Continuing education seminar offerings for treffpunkt sprachen teachers from all educational institutions
Increase in additional offerings on the topic of language learning through:
- Information on the homepage (links, summaries, etc.)
- Additional offerings that promote language learning
- Lecture series open to the public on the topic "Languages, Language Teaching Research and Language Documentation"
Contacttreffpunkt sprachen - Centre for Language, Plurilingualism and Didactics
Mon to Fri 10 am – 12 pm