treffpunkt sprachen is concerned with the following tasks and duties in the fields of applied language documentation, plurilingualism, language teaching research, and language didactics:
- Applied language documentation (description of the sociolinguistic situation of plurilingual reality, development of electronic text corpora of these languages including open source analytical tools, description of lexis and grammar of the individual languages according to descriptive, non-theoretical criteria as well as the description of their sociolinguistic situation in their specific plurilingual context).
- Development of strategies and methods for the functional expansion of dominated languages without or with only a short history of use in formal domains.This kind of project should always incorporate the speakers and consider their respective plurilingual context.
- Development of didactic methods (these should guarantee both the integration of individual languages as well as their speakers on as many levels of the education system as possible and contribute to the preservation of individual and collective plurilingualism as well as its development as a resource).
- Didactic issues concerning the integration of European standards (CEFR, ELP), educational standards, the integration of new media, quality issues, questions of assessment and evaluation, plurilingual scenarios in teaching, teacher training and continuing education etc.
- Language policy issues (plurilingualism, the promotion of "minor languages", and the development of language policy statements and strategies).
Contacttreffpunkt sprachen - Plurilingualism Research Unit
Mon. to Fri. 9 am – 14 pm
Contacttreffpunkt sprachen - Didactics
Mon. 8-11 am
Wed. 8 am - 1 pm
Fri. 8 am - 3 pm